CR85R Starts Sometimes/And When It Does Start, stalls when Warm
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda CRF Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: CR85R Starts Sometimes/And When It Does Start, stalls when Warm

Member #

CR85R Starts Sometimes/And When It Does Start, stalls when Warm

Okay So I will try to write this all out again... Apparently my last one disappeared when I hit submit...

Anyways the neighbor kid bought a 2004 CR85R non running for 500 bucks so me being a Motorcycle /ATV Mechanic I would rebuild the top end for him.

I installed all OEM Cylinder, Piston/Piston Rings and a Cometic Gasket kit it is good and all was running great for about a month no issues then all of the sudden now it keeps dying out when it's warmed up. I thought it was a bad coil or bad Stator, I tested everything and it's great. I even rode it till it died and checked for spark and yes for sure has Spark shocked the hell outa me I even witnessed a spark left my finger tip lol. I also quickly popped the fuel line off to make sure it was gettng fuel after it died and yes it was, and yes the carb bowl had fuel in it as well, So I tried new Spark plug, new fuel, cleaned the carb again same thing.

When I was installing the new top end I did notice that it has a Hot Rods Crank in it (I personally do not recommend Hot Rods Cranks because their bearings issues) So I got to thinking when I pulled the flywheel to check out the Stator to see if it was burned out at all I seen the seal was also Hot Rods brand but it was just fine, but I wonder if the one on the clutch side is causing issues with a Crank Case leak... The reason I am suspecting this is because when I put my hand over the intake with the Reed Valves still installed it will not suck my hand... Also there is no fuel I noticed getting onto the Spark Plug. I pumbed a tiny bit of pfuel into the spark plug hole and it fired up for a few seconds and died.

Member #
    Okay well this Forum is useless. Thanks anyways guys...