CRF250L 2018 : strong engine vibrations from 4500RPM to 5500RPM
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda CRF Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: CRF250L 2018 : strong engine vibrations from 4500RPM to 5500RPM

Member #

CRF250L 2018 : strong engine vibrations from 4500RPM to 5500RPM

Hi everyone,

I live in Chiang Rai (Thailand) and I bought a new CRF in May 2017 but after 2000kms the engine started vibrating.
    Vibrations can be felt in the handlebar, the seat and the footsteps.
    I never ride hard this bike, it is for touring only, no off-road.

I also spotted an oil leak in front of the engine (gasket in the middle of the engine) at 3000kms.

Name:  20180315_155939-800.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  48.6 KB

What can it be (crankshaft bearing, piston rod, ...) ??? Has anyone got this problem before ?

What can I do with Honda Thailand to have my bike repaired ? They seem to don't care about my problem since they got my money (3500 euros).
    Is there any online form or website where I can submit a complaint to Honda Thailand ?

Thanks for your advices.

Member #
    Welcome to the forum, Marc! First off, I don't think that's much of an oil leak....nothing to worry about anyway. As for the vibration, I'd suspect the balancer shaft somehow. It's gear driven, so it shouldn't easily go out of phase to the crank, but it's sole purpose is to smooth engine vibration! My best guess is that the Woodruff Key (part 5 in the linked diagram) has sheared. Other than that, Check all your motor mounts, and make sure none are loose and that they're all tightened to the specified torque.

link to diagram of balancer shaft: https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/...balancer-shaft

Good luck!
    Neil

Member #
    Hi Neil,
    thanks for these infos.
    2 staffs from Honda Thailand came to check the bike and agreed about the engine vibration.
    They offered me to take back my bike (under warantee) and gave me another one, brand new.
    This new bike has also a small engine vibration (4500 to 5500RPM) since I got it. Today I have 7000 kms, engine still vibrating at the same RPM, quite annoying for city ride.

Do you know if this vibration range is common with all CRF250L ?
    I was expecting a little smoother engine from a Honda.
    Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCRF.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Just a test, at full road speed, 55-60, pull in the clutch and let the engine idle down. Does the vibrations subside. If so you know it's the engine and not tires or something else.