Convert Crf 125 standard to 125 Big Wheel
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda CRF Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Convert Crf 125 standard to 125 Big Wheel

Member #

Convert Crf 125 standard to 125 Big Wheel

Buying my grandson a Crf 125 standard which is the size he needs now because of his height, in a couple years he will be able to ride the Big Wheel model. Any idea what it will take to convert the standard to a big wheel besides buying the front and rear wheel. Can the front and rear shocks be adjusted or modified to allow for the travel needed for the big wheel?

Member #
    I found the crf125fb big wheels on eBay and put them on my crf125f. Put the rear wheel all the way to the back. Adjusted the front forks as far as they would go. The bike rides great. No clearance issues so far. I found the rear swing arm on eBay for $100 but until I see a problem I'm sticking with it like it is. The front forks on the big wheel is about an inch longer I think. I adjusted the crf125f forks about a half an inch and clearance seems fine. If you replace the rear swing arm you also have to get the longer brake bar.

The wheels and tires were only $150 on eBay so I thought I would give it a try. If you buy this stuff new, it probably wouldn't be worth it...

Quote Originally Posted by 2006levi View Post
    Buying my grandson a Crf 125 standard which is the size he needs now because of his height, in a couple years he will be able to ride the Big Wheel model. Any idea what it will take to convert the standard to a big wheel besides buying the front and rear wheel. Can the front and rear shocks be adjusted or modified to allow for the travel needed for the big wheel?

Search tags for this page

can i convert my crf 125 small wheel to big wheel?

convert crf 125 to big wheel

convert honda crf 125 small wheel to big wheel

honda crf 125 big wheel and small wheel

Click on a term to search for related topics.