what should i get?
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda CRF Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what should i get?

Member #
    its about that time for a new set of tires and im not real sure what i want. i have had several sets of starcross and they have always been an awesome tire. the most recent tire was a maxxis which was to hard and didnt last long at all!

does n e one have n e suggestions? what do yall use and how do yall like it? i ride mostly hard to intermediate terrain so gimme some ideas

Member #
    i always ran starcross MH3's til i switched to an 18" rear wheel, and i havent found a tire that hooked up as well and lasts as long the MH3's. they're an awesome tire, i'd keep using them..

Member #
    I picked up a IRC VE 33 I love it. I ride mostly rocky hard pack terrain. But i have done some mud as well. No problems......I have 3 or 4 rides on it and it is much better than the stock Dunlop. Huge knobs but no chunking so far.... I would buy it again in a second.............Oldskoo11

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaCRF.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    for the soft stuff i use Michelin S12......and for the harder pack i use a perelli mid soft, both great wearing tyres when use on the right terrain

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by hondawyatt' post='51' date='Apr 29 2009, 11:41 PM
    its about that time for a new set of tires and im not real sure what i want. i have had several sets of starcross and they have always been an awesome tire. the most recent tire was a maxxis which was to hard and didnt last long at all!

does n e one have n e suggestions? what do yall use and how do yall like it? i ride mostly hard to intermediate terrain so gimme some ideas

What kind of riding? (makes a difference.)

I ride just about everything except desert (don't have much of that here in Nebraska.) I have found the a D952 (Rear) and D756 or 952 (Front) have been a pretty solid set up for various riding conditions. Seems to do well in sand, mud, ruts, rocks (albeit "small ones.) Does good on the tracks too. I like to use a general use tire because we never really know where we're going from weekend to weekend. The combos have done well in all situations and they have pretty good wear factor.

Member #
    desert wise the 952 seems to be the most popular.. ive run maxxis it's with luck.. they wear like iron but once you hit mud or a wet spot, hang on.. there like riding on ice and always guessing where the bike will go next.. for track Michelin MH3 or PH4 by far..

Member #
    desert wise the 952 seems to be the most popular.. ive run maxxis it's with luck.. they wear like iron but once you hit mud or a wet spot, hang on.. there like riding on ice and always guessing where the bike will go next.. for track Michelin MH3 or PH4 by far..

sorry for the copy post.. i dont know how to erase them on this site so if a admin can that would be awesome! thanks

Member #
    We've ran them all and the Kenda Millville's seems to hooks up the best. The problem is that they only last 3 rides or 2 races. We've been running the Michelin MH-3 rear and the Bridgestone M4 or the 200 front. The combination is real good with some durability also, but it really depends on what type of terrain you running on. Here in Ohio, it's always different, so this combo works well for us.
    2006 CRF250R 2008 CRF250R 2009 CRF450R

Member #
    mx51 for your terrain, of course I'm a Dunlop man so......

Member #
    i run a Maxxis tire in front and a dunlop in rear,,seems to be a good set up for me.

RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

http://www.crfhq.com/crfhqsig.png

Search tags for this page

irc ve33 rocks

maxxis desert it versus michelin mh3

will maxxis desert it realy outlast dunlop 952

Click on a term to search for related topics.