Hi new guy
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda CRF Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hi new guy

Member #

Hi new guy

Right now I have a 05 450r, and just got a 05 450x that I am working on getting the bugs out of, live in the Pocono's Pa and do a lot of trail riding and hill climbing in the coal mining area. Having jetting problem on the 450x.

Administrator
    Member #
    Welcome, r9! Jetting can be a real PITA, but if you can describe what you're experiencing (what RPM, throttle range, modifications and current jetting), I'll try to offer some assistance. Bear in mind, I was a parts guy, not a tech, but I always worked on my own stuff, and I'm fairly good with carburetors....it's EFI that I don't get!

Member #
    This poor guy just paid the Honda dealer $700 bucks freshen her up and tune up. They rebuilt the carb and changed the over sized jet to a #148 to stop the popping. It was popping then I test road it ( in the rain on black top ) pulled the carb and checked the air screw setting it was four turns out ???? . I put a jd jet kit in and it would not run off of chock until I got the air screw out to 3 1/4 slow circuit so so fast circuit from 1/2 to full sluggish going to check this baby out real good